What can I do to help?
The easiest thing you can do is come on out and see us! This event, held at the Virginia Beach Convention Center on 19th Street, is VBVRS’s largest fundraiser for the entire year, and we would not be able to provide our unparalleled level of free, pre-hospital emergency medical care without your support expressed through events like this. Get tickets when you make your donation online below. (You’ll be able to select how many tickets you want at checkout.)
What’s in it for me?
Besides getting to hang out with the coolest bunch of volunteers Virginia Beach can churn out, our Oyster Roast has something for everyone:
- Oysters- Fried and on the half-shell… All you can eat!
- Fried Chicken, BBQ, Hamburgers, and Hot Dogs… All you can eat!
- Cold Beer, Wine, and Soft Drinks… All you can drink!
- Local artisan wares
- Auctions, raffles, and prizes
- Live music
- Tours and demonstrations of the tools we use every day
- That tingly pride from knowing you helped an organization that responded to 13,000 911 calls last year and was a part of the effort that helped 48 people walk out of the hospital following a cardiac arrest in Virginia Beach—that’s four times the national average!
***Children under 6 get in for free!
I’m excited! Can I also help sponsor the event?
Despite the rising cost of oysters and all of our supplies, we’ve kept our donation levels for tickets the same. We can only do that through the generous support of community sponsors. Interested in showing our squad that you care that much more?
Corporate Sponsorship opportunities are also available. Please see the details here about the different levels and how to partake.
I still want to do more!
The best thing we can do to keep our Oyster Roast the Virginia Beach tradition that it has become is to tell people about it! There are so many ways to help, and they each only take a few seconds. How, you ask..?
- Like our Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/vbvrs) and share/like any posts about the VBVRS Oyster Roast.
- RSVP to our event and invite your friends!
- Follow VBVRS on Twitter (www.twitter.com/vbvrs) to see updates about the VBVRS Oyster Roast.
- Retweet to your followers to help us spread the word.
The Bottom Line
Ultimately, the Virginia Beach Volunteer Rescue Squad couldn’t put on events like this, couldn’t provide the lifesaving services that we do, and couldn’t contribute to our city without the support of community members like you.
We hope you’re as excited as we are about this beloved event, and we look forward to seeing you there!